Just about to wrap up putting my rear axle assembly together and realized that my brake lines do not fit. My axle housing is the right length and it is unmodified. It measures 59 15/16 flange to flange. I bought a complete brake line kit from inline tube who I have had good luck with in the past. Anyways, I installed the brake tee / vent bolton the axle housing and then proceeded to put the axle lines on when I realized the right side was too short by a few inches to reach the block and the left line was too long . I assumed I had the wrong lines for a 68-70 b body, but now I am looking at pictures of original cars like mine and the brake tee is a lot closer the center of the axle housing than mine. Not sure what I have going on here, but these lines wont work with this housing, but they do look correct if my brake tee was in the right spot. Any thoughts on what is going on with my tee location or what lines I should order for this thing? Also, I think this may in fact throw off my rear brake hose too! AHHHH!

BTW, this is not the original axle housing from my car.

Last edited by 1969HEMI; 03/25/12 03:29 PM.