Quote:

The Lakewood scattershield does not work with a factory A-Body z-bar set-up, I found that out over 30 years ago. I had to find an Ansen scattershield that was specifically made for the A-Body. I assume you bought the repop Brewers z-bar, ball stud bracket, and spacer? All that stuff is 100% correct, it is the Lakewood that is designed for all other applications EXCEPT for an A-body big block.

You pegged it - I had 100% faith in the parts from Brewer's so I left them them out of the question to avoid any conflict.

I either have to move the pin on the bellhousing bracket 1" down and 1/4 forward and then shorten the linkage arm the same to keep the clutch fork linkage on the same plane OR move the mounting hole in the inner fender to match the "new" scattershield height.

Inner fender relocation would be the easiest but I don't know if that will affect the overall ratio ?

Anyone ever moved the inner fender location ?

Thank you both for confirming. It has been one of those things were I spent a ton of time measuring engine location, driveline angles and everything else trying to figure out what was going on.