Quote:

Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply. I see the pump (that's the one I'm thinking of installing) on your pic... and the different routing of the fuel line up to the carb, along with the top-mounted filter. nice pic!

The concept of the fuel line routing is to avoid turbulent fuel flow from sharp turns and avoiding heat sources.

When you run the stock routing between the alternator and motor I would have had to run a 90 degree fitting of the fuel pump. And our theory (could be wrong) was that liquid fuel making a sharp 90 degree turn out of the pump could cause fluid cavitation, causing airation, then more tendency to cause vapor when heated.

Also the fuel line has smoother more gradual curves up to the carb.

Running the fuel line around the outside of the alternator gets it away from the that heat trap between the alternator, block and water pump housing. Also on the outside you get some air flow past the line, where as with the stock routing air flow is stopped by the block.

I could get away with running the line around the alternator because it's that mini Nippondenso alternator off a Suzuki Samauri.