We just replaced the 360 engine in a 98 Dodge with a 360 out of a 95
Dodge pickup. The 95 engine ran great in the junk 95. Now that it is in the 98, it runs very rich and poorly. Both trucks are automatic trans.

95 Engine was EGR, so we used intake and right exhaust manifold from the 98. Also used the 98 injectors and distributor (cam sensor, too).

Nothing that we do makes it run worse or better. I have changed engines in other similar Dodges, with no troubles.

We just found out that according to Hollander interchange, and also O'reilly auto parts that the flex plate between the 95 and 98 is a different part number....so, has anyone had a similar experience? What is different between the two flex plates? Is it possible that the 95 flex plate is causing the crank sensor to read something incorrectly?

I also looked up the interchange on a manual flywheel, and it lists them the same between a 95 and a 98 so that seemingly strikes down my theory......

Hate to have to pull it apart to compare the flex plates, but we can if we have too. Anyone with any advice? thanks!