Wow! I didn't expect to see anyone post that video here. I will try to answer a few of your questions. Yes, that is my son Scotty trying to give his old man a few more gray hairs. The car is not his, but he does the driving and much of the wrench work on it. The car is actually owned by a dentist. The dentist's insurance company doesn't approve of his hobby, and that is the reason Scotty is behind the wheel.
The car is equipped with a 540" engine. It has a Indy Maxx Aluminum block and B1 heads and intake, and uses the T&D rocker setup. The car also has a dual Fogger kit, but they are currently using one stage of it.
The transmission is a glide, built by Scotty and using a 9.5" nitrous converter. The rear is a Ford Fab 9" with 3.50 gears.
The car still uses the stock leaf springs, along with the SRD Assasin traction bars and the Afco double adjustable shocks. A set of Hoosier 275/60/15 drag radials puts the power to the ground.
The car has a race weight of 3,340 lbs. They are still trying to get the bugs worked out of it, but they are hoping to get some 5.0's out of it soon.
Gary Robbins, you were correct. Scotty is a transmission builder by trade. And also sells racing equipment for transmissions. So he is well aware of over heating. He was simply allowing the turbo Mustang to spool up before he himself staged.
Jimmy, it's good to hear from you again. I'm hoping to make a appearance at Holly myself today.