I posted a little while ago regarding a tick that my motor had. I thought it was an exhaust leak, but now I am leaning towards a bad lifter? The motor has around 500+ miles on it now and like I said before the motor has had a slight tick that sounded like an exhaust leak and you could only hear it while driving. Now the tick has gotten really loud I have narrowed it down to the number 3 cylinder by listening to it on the intake with a stethescope. Maybe I just got a bad lifter from comp? When I readjusted the rockers they all seemed like the pushrod cup was all the way up and none were stuck.
I ll post the combo again
493 stealth heads and springs, comp xe295hl cam, comp pushrods, comp pro magnum lifters. Cam was broken in properly and I am running 20w50 zr1 racing oil with the comp addative.

The rockers aren't hitting the valve covers. pushrods aren't hitting the heads. Pretty sure its not an exhaust leak. So I am pretty sure it is a lifter. I plan on tearing it apart soon hopefully the cam isn't messed up.

What do you guys think get two lifters and replace the number 3 lifters. Or I was looking into getting a set of the rhoads v-max lifters and hoping the tick goes away. I was wondering if these lifters will work with the current pushrods I have. I would think they would be similar in buid to the comp pro magnums?
l
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks