I've got an edelbrock avs carb on a basically stock 360 (only cam, carb and exhaust) in a 74 challenger automatic. The car sat for a about a year and now runs rough and bogs when secondaries open and the fuel filter is filled completely with gas and looks like its about to pop. Also i believe it is running rich the exhaust has a strong smell and burns your eyes.

The car was parked because it overheated pretty bad and blew a head gasket or cracked something i just recently noticed a little water in the oil, and it's blowing smoke out of the pcv which i been told is some burned up rings. I plan to rebuild it or get a new short block or whatever i can find for cheap enough...

Ok now before all that the car ran great. Do you all think this may be caused by the overheating? Or is this from sitting and gas gumming up?

Sorry for the log post but I'd just like to get the carb right before i start rebuilding everything else.

thanks

74 Challenger 360 4 speed-work in progress for 9 years 91 Nissan 240sx fastback 5 speed, custom mopar pistol grip shifter, high comp KA24DE, I/H/E, Full Suspension, Coilovers, 16x8 0 offset XXR 002 wheels-Fun DD