Quote:

Sorry for the delay guys, just now got a chance to work on it and can't get the brass cone seat out . Appears to really be stuck in there good! Tried threading a small sheet metal screw into it which slipped and pulled out with out grabbing enough threads. Then tried the next size screw, got a pretty good bite but still won't come out! Any other tricks? Oh, and I am pretty sure it's got a residual valve because I stuck a small drill bit in there and I can feel a spring inside. I made sure it was the right brake line I was messing with btw. It's the rear bowl, which also is the larger one and it's closest to the fire wall. One last thing I need to confirm, do I discard both the flapper and the spring when I finally get it apart? Thanks again for the help

Thye do not slide out easily, get the screw in ther firmly and use pry bar to remove it. Don't worry about it resealing, I've never had one not reseal The brake line seals agianst the middle of the tapered seat on the adapter the out side is held into the master cylider and sealed by how tight you tighten the brake line into the master cylinder Pry that rascal out

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)