Patrick,I am thinking the same thing, BUT all I really want is to avoid boring it,and if I can scoop some better compression for cheap that's a bonus. So maybe a std set of KBs...there IS a super deal on sealed power Hypereutectics on Flea Bag with rings ,like 139,free freight but not to hawaii.
but if Johns are decent and usable, a 73 set probably would be flat tops.Machinist says
rods are fairly stable, that is they tend to stay "round" if not traumatized ?

John:
Thank you, I will not say "no", am keeping all options open.

Robert: HI! Yes I am a bigger fool than I thought possible, move tentatively set for about 2 years when Wifie gets out of school.And I get to meet my "customer service" representative in PERSON!!!

Mod 5V: I thought the 360 had enough cubes to do the job as long as I keep the cam specs reasonable, and still make some torque.
My only other head choices are the 78 smoggers that came with the truck motor,or refurbish some small valve 340's which would probably not be cost effective.
Nice to be back and have all the good input, that's why I come here.

I'm 55 now, no time to waste. Not a week goes by that I don't hear about someone passing on.Let's get out there,smoke some tires,have a beer with a good friend,do what you have always wanted to do.I am pretty sure no one will ever say on their deathbed "gee I'm glad my life was calm and boring"