Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Done and done... believe me I'm not doing this job twice any time soon

I'll ask the really STUPID question since it seems everyone before me is AFRAID to ask it ...

If you aren't doing it again anytime soon WHY are you reusing an obviously spent timing chain ????

If it is the original timing chain it is an Alum gear that WAS plastic coated , if the chain was that loose the plastic has fallen off , it's going to jump a tooth and you will bend valves ...

No no, you misunderstood my question. I'm not reusing the chain. I marked my distributor position before I pulled it out to change out my camshaft and old timing chain/gears. Since the old timing chain was so stretched and not keeping the cam and distributor in proper phase with the crank, I was wondering if my marks would not be accurate for where the timing will actually be after installing a new tight chain and gear set, i.e. if it would have too little advance due to being marked based off of the old chain's positioning.

Right you are starting over. Just find top dead center and point the rotor at the number one tower on the cap . Done.

I have mechanical Aptitude.
I can screw up anything.