Thanks Dogem,your answer contains a lot of good info ,cause we are here speaking about CR,strokes,etc but in the end ,the question is always the same : How much Power am i going to loose or how much am i going to gain.

@ Dogdays

The bearings are .010 under

Forget the rods cause it has been my fault.I didn,t make a good meassurement.

@John
Do you mean to push the piston by hand?I have tried it and there is not any clearance..
As you can see the engine has been rebuilt,that is why it is so clean.
It has new rings, main and cam bearings etc The cylinders were also honned and the pistons&rod aligment checked and cleaned with sand.These was a couple of years ago,and it has been on the engine stand since then.
Hughes didn,t said that i need more CR for their cam.It is made for low comp engines.
They said that 9.3 to 1 is too low comp using alu heads,and i should to shave them at least 0.050".

As far for the straight edge i don,t have one,but i don,t think the block is wavy,it was straightened when it was rebuilt(At least is what the bill says) but there is too much diference between cyl decks and it will need to back to the machinist.

@Stanton

I have checked all the cyl decks again.Three times every one (Just in case) using the dial gauge for getting the exact TDC and using feeler gages.
These are the exact decks:

Cyl 1: 0.070"
Cyl 3: 0.070"
Cyl 5: 0.070"
Cyl 7: 0.066"

Cyl 2: 0.062"
cyl 4: 0.062"
cyl 6: 0.062"
cyl 8: 0.062"

What means that you and Dogdays were right.
The driverīs block side seems to be 0.010 higher than the passengerīs one,so i suppouse that a visit to the machinist is going to be a must.
i will ask him for leaving all the cyls at 0.062".

Thanks

Last edited by Coke; 02/18/12 07:50 PM.