Quote:

Hello. I could see if the engine was in a car that was worth something (if it were restamped), but this car is a 71 charger SE that is completely virgin, and hasnt been registered/driven since the mid 80's. To top it off, it is a 2 brl car. So, in short, I dont think anyone would waste their time. The car is really kind of a junk yard dog as sits. But, a true G383 block, matching VIN, with a cast date almost a year and a half before the build date of the car!

Can I ask what the question is then ? 1970 was the beginning of the end for high performance thanks to the insurance industry , 1970 was the last year for the real HP engines from everyone but Chrysler which dragged it out for an extra year so it's not surprising to see a casting date to assembly date spread to me at that point in time . A guy that lived across the street from me had a 340 block , cast in 71 and it had a 73 partial VIN stamped on it , I never checked the actual assembly date .

The assembly date is the important date , unless of course the casting date is later than the assembly date , thats a restamp and I have seen it done and the person butchered up the casting date to try to pass it off .

YMMV