Quote:

The six pack is not the greatest place to begin your carb tuning experiance. Also, stabbing the throttle in neutral is not the best way to determine the status of the tune. Why don't you take it for a ride? What is your neutral and in gear idle rpm?

Re tuning experience - no doubt, but I'm determined. Its just about ready for road trials, clearing up some brake valve leaks. Neutral idle about 900, drops to about 850 in gear.

Quote:

Based on what you've said and reading probably a little more into it, these are my recommendations for starters:

1) Make sure you don't have a vacuum leak.
2) Set the floats as they are designed to be set, at the bottom of the sight hole.
3)Adjust the outboard carb idle mixture screws to 3/4 turn out.
4)Make sure your center carb squirter squirts fuel at the first movement of the throttle.

Try these and report back.

I had an internal intake vac leak the first time around, but I believe that's fixed now. Floats are set per specs: outboards dribbling, center at bottom of sight hole.

Adjusted the outboards until plugging each air bleed produced no change in rpm/vac, probably ended up around 1/2 turn out. This seemed to be a popular method.?.

I'll check the squirter and advise.

Here's a vid of the idle (set a little high):

Idle