63 Dodge 330. Have owned it 15 years, and it ran 13.70 when I got it. It's heavy, no weight reductions yet. Has full interior plus a heavier than stock front bench, dynomat on everything, stereo, amp. subs, 6x9 speakers,etc.

I got it weighed and with my big butt in the seat was 3960. Too much for a B body.

Wondering how much to be gained with removing all the sound deadening, front and rear full bench seats, dual batteries. etc//

Motor is a mild 440 I built with a solid cam, 750 Holley that I choked cut and blended and morphed with some 850 parts, but it's a frankenstein. Also has Eddy heads that I did a stage 2 on.

My best is a 11.51. I think I could cheaply shave about 200 lbs off of it in just interior parts, oversized stock mopar radiator, full exhaust, All steel, etc..

Will 200 lbs. net me .2 on a car like this?

any other ideas for easy weight reduction on a 63 330. I'd like to see high 10's this year with a new carb, well matched convertor, and some weight reduction. Maybe I'm dreaming thinking 200 lbs and some CFM and a good convertor will net me .5, but I've never ran in mineshaft air.

I'll likely get 11.20's unless I go for a modern cam profile, or pull the heads and go full boogie and raise the compression. Car also has full exhaust, so a little to be picked up there.. I'd just like to see 10's for the heck of it.

rock on