So a guy brought this really nice clean survivor type coronet in the shop and he has replaced the alternator and voltage regulator and it still wont charge. I gave the alternator full field and it charges 14.5 at idle and no I did not rev it up. Tried a VR off my duster that charges just fine and that made no difference. I am getting zero resistance between the VR and the alt on both wires, the VR feed wire is getting 12 volts and I made sure the VR case was grounded real good and it is real clean good ground under there, I even tried running a dedicated ground wire from the battery to the VR. Then one time out of the blue it started charging, then it quit and I was no longer getting the juice to the VR so I think I am having a wiring problem getting juice to the VR, my problem is I can not find a wiring diagram to find where there may be a splice or something causing an intermittent voltage drop issue. Does any one know of a common place to find this issue or maybe a wiring diagram and splice location for that system? I have alldata but it is more like allmostdata for the old good cars.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!