Quote:

4. I want to keep the Serpentine setup so it should drop right in, just need to have custome A/C and P/S hoses made, should not be a problem.
6. I have manifolds on my LA 360, will those bolt up to the magnum heads or will I need to go with some headers?
7. Motor Mounts should be same right?

8. Will need to go electric fuel pump. Exactly how do you set this up. Return line needed? How is that plumbed in?

9. My LA 360 is bolted to a 904 trans using the aftermarket flexplate for proper balancing. Will this same flexplate work with the Magnum 360/904 Combo? If not what will I need to do?
10. Will the car oilpan that is on my LA 360 bolt up to my Magnum 360. If not, what specific oilpan do I need to get?
11. The ignition system that is on the LA 360 (pertronix II, Flamethrower II coil) will all swap over to the magnum
12. finally I would like to upgrade the cam with a nice cam kit to give it a little more oomph. Something that will still give it a nice strong vacuum source for power brakes, etc...but still let it idle pretty smoothly as I drive the car a lot, a whole lot. I would like a nice middle ground between performance and still be very street friendly. What cam/spring/retainer kits do you recommend?

roe

4) serpentine might need some mods depending on what it came out of due to positioning of the PS pump. IIRC a van PS setup will fit.

6) LA manis and headers bolt up. magnum manis should fit a late model B like yours

7) yup

9) no, you need a magnum weighted flex plate. B&M used to offer one for a 904, now I think they only list one for a 727, but it may work....magnum 360's are externally balanced, but different than LA360's. in '98, chrysler moved the balance weight to the flexplate and used a neutral balance converter, so you could use a stock '98-up flexplate, but they're all for 46RH's (A518/727, not 904)

10) car LA 360 oilpan will work on any magnum

11) yes, your ignition will swap right over

12) I'd suggest taking the stock cam, sending it to bullet cams and have them put their HR259/316 lobe on both intake and exhaust. have that in my mag headed 318 and it's an awesome cam with great drivability and performance. use hughes #1110 springs and their retainers. could go a little bigger, maybe look at some of the hughes HER regrind offerings, I'd lean towards the HER1418AL...stock rockers will work fine...

Last edited by patrick; 01/27/12 10:52 AM.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)