Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

perfect timing on this topic , I have an 04 grand cherokee , got a P0455 code for gross leak. took it in they smoke tested it and found a decayed hose in the back at the evap can ??? fixed , cleared all is good , till yesterday it came back ???

Should I replace he gas cap since what I found online pointed to that as being the cause of this ?

If you took it to Autozone or OReilly, they would have first sold you a gas cap. The dealer did you a favor to actually trouble shoot the problem. I discovered this the hard way with my Durango. Yeah, I bought two gas caps (dummy me) and then dug into the FSM that directed me to the bad hose under the car. Oh, and the emmission check place told me I needed a new gas cap too after they tested it. The hose repair fixed that too.
Craig

That's all well and good , but it's BACK .

The original repair was under the used car warranty and that ran out right after I had it supposedly fixed , it took 2.5 hours last time. I'm not going to pay 95/hour to sit around and wait for them to TRY something else ...

HAVE you checked/replaced your gas cap? the gascap is such a common cause, that on the 04 Durango I had, it would actually flash "gascap" or "check gascap" (I cant remember exactly now) on the Odometer, telling to to check it and make sure it's snug/tight. after so many re-starts with the same "code" it would then trigger the check engine light, because it ASSUMED that you checked the gascap and fixed it, meaning that there's another leak somewhere else.

frustrating thing about the gascap is that any time you open it to fill the tank, you might not get a good seal when you put it back on.

if it's NOT the gascap, I'd take it back and complain, sure it's out of your used car warranty now, but if they just fixed it, then you should be in the "your repair didn't work" grace period.

afterall, it might be a different hose, or maybe the technitian who did the repair botched it up and it's leaking at the same hose?

**Photobucket sucks**