As many already know, I now have another '69 Charger 500 (thanks Pete). I'm slowly, but surely making progress on getting her up and running. Got the motor going and verified the tranny works (from the standpoint of sitting up on jackstands). The next segment is the brake system.

Brake update.... Started tearing into it.. I just recieved me complete brake line kit from FineLines....... I'm in the process of removing the forward sections of the line system. The hard part will be the firewall line I'm sure. I had to cut the line at the valve, so it definitely will have to be replaced prior to restoration.. I'm going over to a friends tomorrow to use his air compressor so I can get the pistons out of the calipers and rebuild the assemblies. The booster and master cylinder seem fine... I'll attack the front to rear line and the Dana differential in the next day or two.... Slowly but surely....... The lines on the front were too far gone to trust not replacing it all...... I was able to find both side of the special brackets for the caliper's brake lines and caliper rebuild kits..

More progress to come.

Last edited by hemi68charger; 01/16/12 11:40 AM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)