Quote:

I'm with HPMike on this one - had to pitch my metro door weatherstripping after many hours of fitment issues. No matter how I adjusted the door hinge bolts, it just would not close right. In desperation, I yanked it all off and voila, perfect gaps all around. Ended up saving all the clips from the metro and transferring it to my originals, and after installing it back on, it works beautifully. Had the very same problem with my trunk lid, but as I glued the weatherstripping on before fitment, all I could do was to live with a hard closing lid. It seems the aftermarket stuff is much harder to compress than the originals, causing all sorts of headache. If you can, I would just find nice used examples and clean them up real well. It takes some time with steel wool and some heavy duty soap, but after application of some plasticizer (armor-all etc),it looks just like the new stuff. If concours is your goal however, NOS (ca-ching)would obviously be the hot ticket.

Agreed!....I've gone thru this with customers 68-70 B bodies, 71-2 B bodies and 70-74 E bodies, I've sat there with every manufactures seals, door and roofrail, trunk lid, etc, etc, fitting and re fitting,...on the door seals i always seem to end up using clean used/NOS originals, trunk mouldings aren't bad, but the door seals really suck regardless of the manufacturer,...I've thrown hundreds of dollars worth of Metro, Soffseal, Steele, etc in the trash

Mike