Fellas -

I'm having problems with a few of my portable sandblasters. Two of them are the Sears model with the black plastic hopper and one is a Harbor Freight with a red metal hopper.

Bottom line is that I can't get any of them to blast for more than a few seconds before they stop. Media has been in each of them for several months in the garage, so I'm thinking that it's damp and that's clogging it up.

I've got an 80 gallon compressor with a water trap and regulator. Think I have the pressure set at 90 psi or so at the regulator. I could up the pressure but not sure if this will help.

I've used all types of media with no luck - right now I have one filled with sand (yes, I'm aware of the dangers of silicosis), one with medium grit coal slag/Black Beauty, and one set up with bead blasting media.

Thinking about putting the media in the oven and baking it at 400 degrees. That should dry it out, right?

Thanks for any input.

Scott

Please Check Out My YouTube Channel for Vintage Musclecar and Truck Rescues and Builds -- https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE/videos