I am starting the process of possibly restoring my 69 Charger back to factory original or making it whatever I want. It has always been a personal choice that if a car had the original drive train that it should be returned to original. If it did not however, then the sky is the limit. Herin lies my dilema. I don't know if I have the original drive train or not so I am requesting the invaluable knowlege of this wonderful board to help me figure this out.

First a little background info:

I bought the car in 1995 and it is a B7 blue 1969 Dodge Charger 383 four barrel car (H code). It has an automatic tranny. It has a buddy seat with white interior. It has column shifting and has cruise control. When I bought the car I knew that the engine needed rebuilt. When I took the engine out I looked for the VIN number on the side of the engine block and did not see any numbers whatsoever. Instantly I thought to myself OK, then I'll make it whatever I want. I had great plans for the car (Dana 60, Hemi, 4-speed etc.). So far, and I am ashamed to say this but, the car has sat untouched for years. Basically because of life in general and because of purchasing another 69 Charger. Which has a Dana 60, Hemi, 4-speed etc. Not purchased that way because it is only a 383 two barrel (G code) car. Between the time I purchased the first car and working on the second one I have learned a ton of stuff. Mainly because of this sight and all the great people on it!!

Anyway, the car was built in October of 1968 (A09). It has no head rests. The engine casting date is 02/27/1968. So my questions are this:

Is it even possible for this engine to be a candidate to be installed into this car with such a lag from the casting date to the build date?

If the engine could be a match, could it be possible because the car was built in 1968 that they did not put the VIN numbers on the side of the block even though it is for a 1969 build? I hope that makes sense.

I do have the build sheet if that at all helps!!