My goal is the same, though I've not actually done it yet.

My "plan" is to roll the engine/trans/k-frame assembly on my home-made dollies under the car and lower the car down onto the k-frame in the correct location, adjusting the dollies as necessary, to make the k-frame/frame rail bolt hold line up.

The car is support by jack stands now. The rear jack stands are located under/at the mounting locations for the front spring hangers. My spring hanger mount bulkheads are boxed, so they're stiffer, although I don't think it matters. The front jack stands are under the rails by the forward torque boxes. With the rear wheels removed, so that no weight is supported by the rear springs (which makes the front of the car more difficult to lift), I can actually lift the front of the car by the front bumper by hand (OK, both hands). Pretty easy to do since there's no engine or trans in. It would probably be even easier if I put a couple hundred pounds of dead weight in the trunk (say, a Homeowner's Association officer).

Anyway, the k-frame ears might not be high enough to pull this off, but I can always shim up the k-frame on the dolly with more 2x4s. Getting the front of the car up high enough to slide the whole thing under shouldn't be a problem as it's easily liftable by two guys and the rear valence is high enough off the floor it shouldn't hit.

A lot of guys make a rig to bolt to the front frame rails and lift the front with a hoist. I didn't want to go that route, since (1) I don't have the extra steel tubing laying around, (2) I can't weld, and (3) my front bumper was on already to make space for the engine/trans (no matter how big the garage is, there's always a "space" issue).

Additionally, a lot guys will completely assemble the k-frame; including the spindles/brakes. I needed to work on my brakes, so they're already installed. I'll just remove the rotors when the time comes, bolt it all up, then put the rotors/calipers back on. Even with the rotors on the front, I could still lift the front without too much trouble. I'll post a series of pics...

This first one is of the engine/k-frame dolly and trans dolly. The engine/k-frame dolly is actually a generic engine dolly (from Harbor or Jegs, I don't remember) with the uprights removed.
The dolly under the trans is a regular wheel dolly with 2x4s for leveling. All the weight is on the k-frame and under the trans, none on the pan, though it looks like it.
-Marq