Quote:

I will refer you to the rules for the Pure Stock Drags:

Pure Stock Musclecar Drag Race rules

The second paragraph states the reasoning for the '64 and '65 Hemi cars not being allowed to play. It is not having a warranty that keeps them from playing.

As for the Yenko that plays, the '67 and '68 Yenko's cannot play because the motor was not installed by GM. In '69, the cars came delivered to Yenko with the 427 already in place. In essence, the '69 Yenko was a COPO car that had stickers and wheels added at the dealership.

The ZL-1's and the L-88's were both dragstrip missles, but both were sold with a warranty.

If someone wanted to bring a Boss 429 'Stang along, those would be legal as well as they were delivered to the dealer with the motor in place.

The '68 Hurst Hemi Dart... were they sold with a warranty? I believe that they were delivered with a single tailpipe, throwaway exhaust?? That would keep them from joining the party as they did not come from the factory with dual exhaust.

Not wanting to stir the pot too big, but I thought I would share what had been shared with me.

Happy New Year and FLAME ON!!!!

Far as the no warranty door that has been opened.

The people that bought these cars could have cared less as they were modified before the first payment was due. These were performance car's pure and simple if the Manufacturer did warranty one it was to sell cars. Chrysler must not have had that problem.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.