Motor is finally done and now it is time to get some kind of scoop on the car. With the old TR setup I had a bug catcher with a 2" spacer to get it into the good air. Now I have a single dominator on a 440-3 so the top of the carb nearly sets level with the hood.

I plan to mph somewhere in the low 130's so I am thinking of using a cowl but I have some questions.

1) How close to the windshield does it have to be to become functional?
2) Has anyone got a cowl close to the windshield on Duster using a regular hinged hood?
3) How high off the carb does the scoop need to be with a cowl?

If I go forward facing scoop what could I use that would be functional? I read through several posts and there is two facts that seem to contradict each other in regards to forward facing scoops- a) at speeds over 120 the scoop lifts hard on the hood b) because the scoop is below the "good air" line (front of hood to the top of windsheild) it provides no performance gains. It seems that if the scoop is creating that much lift then it is getting a lot of air.

My third option is to make another bug catcher to go on top of the dominator. Again it would be difficult to get it high enough to get into the "good air".

Sorry so long but thanks for any help.

'75 Plymouth Duster
Phase I 451 906/590/2-660 10.75/126
Phase II 451 Stage VI/590/1050 9.82/135
Phase III 383 906/Victor-Pump gas 11.30/119

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,"