I have been trying to determine for the better part of the last five years what the best approach to getting a dakota/durango drivetrain/suspension match up to an older Panel truck. I thought about dropping a body on a frame and drivetrain, but then over the summer I saw a panel truck on ebay that had a durango dash. I started to look at the photos in more detail and believe it was more durango then i realized.

Fast forward to a week ago when I spot an ad on Craiglist for a 1950's dodge panel relatively local for a bargain price. I had previously picked up a 1999 durango that needs the transmission gone through but was otherwise complete ( I have a 98 daily driver). During the conversation while loading up the Panel the seller tells me "you know I was told a Dakota firewall is the same width as this panel truck". This got me to thinking, my not use as much of the durango as I can, frame, partial floor, firewall, interior... this would mean a much easier time getting parts to keep it on the road.

So here is the start, a relatively rust free, minimally dented mid 50's panel truck. I will add photos of the Durango and progress as things move along. My wife has a photography business so this will become her rolling billboard/work vehicle when completed.

Edit: Let me not forget, both Mopar Ron and Poorboy have served for much of my inspiration to get moving on this project. Once I get my son's satellite out of the shop this is going to be full steam ahead.

Last edited by bohmer2; 12/19/11 06:11 PM.