Quote:

when i do a job like what you are describing i order 2 gallons of paint with a extra empty gallon can. then intermix both gallons together so you have consistent color between the 2. now you won't risk running out of paint and have to order more paint that might not match, due to minor errors when the color is mixed.
the worse thing that can happen is you spend a few extra dollars and probably have some extra paint

...I pretty much said the same thing on the "F6 vs Snakeskin" color change post, have at least 2 gallons of sprayable paint on hand when doing the "whole" car, as it consumes a lot of paint jambing everything properly....always better to "throw away" paint, rather than a whole paint job, because you ran short, or that extra pint/quart you ran out to buy in a frenzy from the other store, because your paint supply guy was closed, didn't match, or had a bad reaction,...crap happens fast when your painting a car, you don't need the headaches of working with limited supplies on top of painting a car...regardless of what the paint costs