Quote:

Quote:

I met the owner/builder of the 57 at Tulsa, I believe this name was Tom, and as I recall he's out of Colorado (Denver?).

Yep it's got a 392 and 833 4 speed. It’s a really neat car and if I could do decent bodywork I would love to attempt to do something like it.

I’m guessing Tulsa was the biggest gathering of Forward Look era cars that has ever taken place, (and the Prowler contingent that came down was pretty impressive too)…..all in all in spite of the condition of the buried car it was a great place to be.

Besides the outside show there were some really nice cars in the indoor show. I really like this Lee Petty re-creation.

thanks for the reply,,so the shortened plymouth was at the buried belvedere un earthing ? several people here in my area,,out side philadelphia pa have been wondering what ever happend to that shortened plymouth,,if that car could talk,,it use to be gun metal blue with a checker board roof,,,then when i was a kid and seen it at the indoor custom show it was candy appled metal flake red,,,maybe the same now ?? the guy that built the car in the 60s bult a lot of wild werid cars,,,made cars out of boats,,,etc,, well at least we know now the car isnt sitting around here in a garage some place rotting,,any more pics of it ?? thanks

P,S. the builders name is john lonagin,,,if he is still alive ide guess he is about 65 to 70 years old,,,

1966 barracuda prostreeter super charged 340(SOLD)
1940 dodge coupe 241 hemi street rod
2014 ram express hemi 4x4 dailey driver
2015 cherokee
2013 R/T classic