Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It just says correct, original Edlebrock intake and holley carbs ... doesn't really say they are the originals, but it does seem to imply it.
T

if the intake+carbs were taken from another a-12 made within the same batch, had the same numbers on it , no one i guess would be the wiser... there are no other numbered stamps on either...correct??

And a person can prove such a claim how ?

i duuno.. the intake and carbs on my a-12's i am told are the correct factory pieces... whether or not they are the 'original' pieces that the car left with the factory with i dunno... if i advestised the cars for sale as 'all original', i don't think someone could come in and say these carbs (or intake) is not what the cars left the factory with..

its not like a block or trans where there is a vin # stamped... ofourse you can restamp a block/trans ... but this is not a cheby site... restamping does not happen with mopars...

Well "maybe" but with this particular car being 001 and having a RM21M9A239XXX VIN (I think the lowest known A12 VIN) and a 329 (March 29, 1969) Scheduled Production Date, if it had a set of carbs that were made a month after that what would you think, original, date correct or neither The carbs have dates, the intake no date but here's a photo from a 1969 magazine test that shows the Ronnie Sox test car that this #001 is supposed to be and the intake is not painted, the carbs have an odd non-production fuel line, the distributor had no vacuum advance, and power brakes.

So carbs dated too long after the 3-29 SPD would not be correct for this car and any carbs date coded too far after your SPD (2 months for instance) would not necessarly be incorrect but for sure not the norm.

Oh BTW the original carbs and intake manifold were stolen off of the Ronnie Sox vs magazine editors test car right before the test was supposed to happen. They flew in a set of carbs and new UNPAINTED Edlebrock intake manifold to start and finish the magazine test....so regardless they could never be the original carbs and intake that it left the factory production line unless they found the theives and got them back, NOT