Quote:

I think they did comprehend your post, they're just trying to save you some hard work and headaches, some of the older Edelbrock intakes look stock once they are painted and the script is ground off, also the M1 dual plane looks stock, I think it even has the firing order on it. None the less, you could cut the divider out of your cast intake to open up the plenum volume, and just your basic port and polish, round off any sharp turns and mildly increase the volume. It is said that the later cast iron intakes used on the 400's are a better intake so maybe you should start with that. They are a spreadbore design so you would have to make an adapter to fit the 4160 to it and open up the primary side so there is no interference with the primaries hitting the intake. That's what I had to do when I put a 4160 on a 360 spreadbore intake, I made an adapter out of 1" thick aluminum plate, and had to mill/grind out the primary side so the primaries wouldn't hit.

Maybe some of the FAST guys will chime in because they are the experts on making the cast intakes work, although I can't recall anyone using a single 4bbl on a Mopar BB in FAST, but I'm sure there are some.

NONE of the Edlebrock intakes look stock when painted, they are somewhat close but they don't have the choke stove mount and the coil is relocated so a holley wit ha dual feed line can be used. I have a DP4B which would be the best ebrock intake for the low deck.