Quote:

Quote:

... in the real world nobody would build one of each with identical parts anyway, would they?

Of coarse not, thats the point... This is the type of engine that 90% of the racers are building though, so it matters plenty...
Quote:

Does a Chevy-oriented magazine count? IIRC, I may still have copy of one where they actually built two versions of the same SBC engine, one as a 383 (3.75" stroke + stock bore) and the other as a 377 (stock stroke + big bore) to see the outcome. (Even the same cam was used, which IMO means if it was "right" for one of them, then it was also "wrong" for the other. )

The two engines performed pretty much as people would expect w/ the 383 making more torque and the 377 pulling a little more peak HP. From what I recall, the differences weren't major, yet fairly predictable.

Thats why I think lots of the magazine articles are for entertaining purposes only. Fact is you probably couldnt tell one engine from the other on the time slip, in the same car, same day. The dyno is a good tool, but really doesnt tell how the car will perform at the track.

Last edited by Bob_Coomer; 12/09/11 04:40 PM.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]