Hi Tom....That photo you posted of the valiants paint really captured what i saw in person the night I stopped by. The finish is EXACTLY what was on the car from new. I wonder even if any of us could achieve such correctness if we would choose to do so?? I know that none of my cars have anything close to that correct day one look you achieved. maybe ive spent too many years around concept cars and their ultra slick finishes? i dont know what it is excpet highly contradictory on my part,LOL!

In the ac cobra world the cars were originally painted by a bunch of drunks in the UK in nitro cellulose lacquer with overspray EVERYWHERE. then they got a nice dose of union dock workers and the tender love and care those bums showed. so most cobras were resprayed and/or touched up again here in the states. add to that these union dock workers used to step on some of these aluminum cars so that added to more bodywork and paint all prior to delivery. im not sure why im babbling about this....maybe im dreaming of what dave and the boys would do if they restored a cobra? i could see tom and dave now trying to figure out what type of shoe they wore on the docks in '63 so they can determine the size and shape of the dent....