I was out driving my Super Bee today when the engine died going down the street. I was lucky that I was able to coast off the street and had a couple good friends come by to help me out.

I put on a MSD 6AL2 box with the RED blaster 2 coil ealier this month. It had been working good up to this point, but today it just suddenly failed going down the street. When I put it on I kept the orange box on the firewall so I could change it over to the factory ignition it I had a problem. Good thing that I did as the engine started right up when I switched it back to the orange box.

Has anyone had MSD boxes fail suddenly like that? Has anyone heard about problems with the RED blaster 2 coils shorting out inside causing it to kill the box? I heard that the RED coils are being made in Mexico that last few years and that the quality is not as good and there has been problems with them. The chrome blaster 2 coils are supposed to be made in the USA and are still good.

I let it cool off and then switched it back to the MSD box and coil, but still no spark.