Quote:

Not sure if the car I posted was a mixture of years parts or not. or maybe a late in the production year car.
And I never noticed the wrong suction line before.

But, Mopes is correct the suction line should come in from along side the drivers side of the carb on a 1968

yeah Bill that customer's car of your's is a mix match of some '68 and '69 parts because I....I mean because he could not find that driver's side metal tube anywhere because it is very rare, so I.....I mean he also had to make a rubber hose with the help of his friend because a '69 rubber hose he got from someone in the upper mid-West that was said to be good and paid big money for was porus and leaked about 4 cans of R12 before he found the problem .

70mopes's car is as correct as I've seen and I used his photos to put my system together last year. Thanks again 70mopes and the others that posted and helped me with parts.

And Bill your customer wants to say a big THANKS for the alternator bracket and other brackets and parts that you got for him those were key pieces to getting that system working, those parts were correct.

That metal tube if you have it is the biggest difference of the '68 vs '69 A/C system.

I'll dig for more photos that were posted when I was trying to get my rr A/C system working.

I think that most if not all of them came from Charlie aka 70mopes

MikeR