Given my limited engine/carb knowledge I'm coming to you guys for help.
My dart has always had a dominator 1050 CFM on a Weind intake since I have owned it and I'd like to try the NMCA NSS class which prohibits dominator style carbs. The current combination is 493 ci which produces 675HP with Indy 440EZ heads and a roller cam with 275 duration.
What do you guys recommend for intake/carb or carbs setup to keep the HP where it is? And do you think car could run better or same with the change?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Carb Rules as written:
CARBURETOR (NSS CLASSES): All entries in the eliminator must be carbureted as outlined below. Carburetors must be of type and design as originally produced for a specific vehicle. Positioning of carburetors from factory mounting not a tech item carburetors may be positioned facing forwards, backwards, or side mounted). Choke horn, choke plate, choke shaft, choke linkage, and choke mechanism may be removed.

The following carburetor combinations are allowed, regardless of year/make/model of
entry:
•Chrysler Wedge; Inline or cross-ram 2x4 or single 4bbl intake with Carters, AFBs, or Edelbrocks.

Last edited by Dart_racer; 11/27/11 07:38 PM.