I am not sure when the change was made but from what I have personally seen, it was around the later mid ninties-late ninties. Of course you also have the senerio where old stock is still on the shelf too.

Maybe there are still certian numbers that are the true size, but I have been off of using Dynomax Super Turbo's for so long I just haven't kept up with them. IMO, they are not worth the price for what you'll pay for something much better.

Here is the quote from the thread on the other board I go on.

Quote:

After a lot of searching last year on mufflers for my car,I chose the large case hemi 3 inch turbos.I read good reviews on them everywhere.I ran a [Email]6.99@102mph[/Email] with these back in the spring and have not had a chance to go back since.Tonight,I took the pipes and mufflers off for the last test and tune of the year at Holly Springs Motorsports tomorrow.After loading the car and going over everything,I took a light and looked up in the muffler and what I saw really pissed me off!Why would anybody manufacture a 3 inch muffler and neck it down to 2.5 inches inside?Dont make sense to me.I gave dang near 100 bucks a piece for these.Anyway,we'll see what it does tomorrow with no mufflers.

Outcast Dodge guy.