Larry muddied the water a bit there Randy.

The original poster, and I, were talking about NON A/C boxes. I looked at a LOT of non A/C heater boxes, in cars, at shows, in boneyards, asked the people I sell bunches of resto kits to and I have never seen and no one I've talked to has ever seen a seal in there on the E bodies or the very similar but different 71-4 B bodies - even the Strat-O-Vents. The reason I looked into it in was I've had quite a few people restoring thier original heater boxes asking if something was there. I told them give me thier old one and I'll duplicate it (tounge in cheek) In this hobby we know there can always be an exception. Definately not questioning your Mopar knowledge.

As for that rubber A/C seal. I'm only familiar with the guts of boxes. Don't deal with the ductwork much so no I don't remember seeing that particular duct seal. By it's appearance it looks like it'd be the type of rubber piece that would clean up with a little soap and water. I doubt anyone could every justify the tooling for the 3 that may be needed in the world.