Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The most delicate details are the first to get lost in an engine clean up effort, stuff like chalk marks and ink stamps usually die first. It looks like you have a good opportunity to get some great details from your engine. The throttle cable had an ink date code stamping on the shiney silver ferral portion, IT'S VERY delicate and easy to wipe off, does yours still have it? Can you see any signs of a soft green paint daub there?

Some other questions:

What color is your throttle return spring?
Coil ink stamp date code?
Plug wire date codes
Heater hose part#'s/dates
Radiator hoses part#'s/Dates
Distributor date code?
Alternator casting dates/part#s/Date codes
Starter casting dates/part#s/Date codes
Carb Date code?
Fuel pump date code?
Temp sender date code?
Oil sender date code?
Power steering pressure hose date
Exhaust manifolds casting dates
Engine mount rubber casting dates (yes they have them!)
Any signs of paint on the negative battery cable?
What color is the dip stick handle?

That's just a start, please list all of the parts date codes as you can, many seemingly obscure engine componants have them, see my "Totally Anal 340 thread" for details if you aren't sure of of what to look for.

dont worry, Ive been on that thread probably a hundred times lol. I plan on getting all of the dates codes off the car. I want to take it to my nieghbor who has a car hoist. I hope to get around to it this weekend. also, I didn't plan on cleaning it up for that particular reason some of the stuff mentioned in your questions have been changed like motor mounts, fuel pump and radiator hoses. thanks!
-kevin

This car looks like the car that was pulled out of a barn in Iowa earlier this year, by a guy who was more of a B body guy, and did some cleanup, drove it some, then put it up for sale on forabodiesonly.

Same car?

yes, same car lol. I talked to the original owner for a while also. nice guy! im very excited for this car. with the exception of a 4 speed, this car is exactly what I wanted, but pickers cant be chosers

1971 Plymouth Duster 340 auto
1937 Plymouth PT50
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 4 speed
2013 Ram laramie 2500 hemi
2008 Harley FLSTSB springer