Quote:

Okay guys, let's not beat each other up on this question. Here is a little background. The engine was built by ICH (No bashing is allowed) and was run and dynoed in November of 2007. I brought it home and installed it in my Barracuda in July of 2008 when it was fired for the first time since November of 2007. It fired right away, had immediate oil pressure and ran very, very well. Absolutely no problems.

The push rod does not indicate any oiling problems as there is no indication of getting hot at the point of fracture, ie; no blue/black marks. Just appears as a shear of the push rod end. The lifter is my biggest question. Did the failure of the push rod cause the destruction of the lifter or was it the other way around? I have built quite a few racing engines in my day but have never seen this.

And this situation only happened with one intake valve. I just don't think it was an oiling issue based on the evidence. I would still like to learn from those that have experienced the same issue.

I would be checking guide clearance and make sure the valve wasn't the culprit. What is the pressure on the spring open and closed? I can remember seeing this posted that the same thing happened to a hollow body solid lifter.