I have done searches and read many threads on this subject and I have noise which too me seems a bit excessive. My noise comes in about 2000 rpm and runs through 2500 rpm and then is gone again. It sounds like the rockers are not receiving oil in this rpm range. The car is my '72 road runner it has it's numbers matching 400 block in it with a 440 rotating assembly and is 451" 's, car also has a 4 speed so I easily get in this rpm range between shifts. The cam/lifter kit I put in is a Lunati voo doo #60303 with adv duration of 268 int./276 exh. and 0.494 int./0.513 exh.lift. The motor has the Edelbrock 88cc heads with the Edelbrock springs that are supposed to be good for .600 lift. I will say this is the best cam I have had in this motor (I have had a Comp hyd and a MP solid that worked terrible with the 4 speed)as it has awesome torque and pulls great with the 4 speed and 3.55 rear gears.
Somebody told me to switch in a set of the standard Comp #822 lifters would get rid of this as the Lunati lifters are staying pumped up in this range and making noise?
Any comments? Is this similar noise as some of you are experiencing?

6895881-IMG_5394.JPG (88 downloads)