Quote:

I definitely understand the appeal of parts that work well and don't need any work, but is it that hard to centerpunch and drill five holes? How accurate are the parts we buy from overseas for applications like this? Do you think the guy working on a drill press with a worn out jig in china cares more than you do about getting it dead on? Is it only ok to use parts that bolt on how you get them in the mail from summit?

I always thought making stuff work and solving problems with simple tools was one of the best parts of hot rodding and also a skill Americans are rapidly losing. It was pretty easy to check the runout once the rotors were mocked up. Not everybody has a thousand bucks laying around for lightweight billet parts.

I happen to like my scarebird setup and if I hadn't bought it I probably would have cobbled together a similar setup without the luxury of a mill, lathe, and foundry. It's the same bull crap with Harleys- people pay over a thousand bucks for billet aluminum brake setups that half the time are plumbed to the wrong diameter master cylinder. My shovelhead is upgraded from 10" single piston disc brakes to 11" rotors with four and six piston tokico brakes off crashed crotch rockets on eBay. It stops awesome and the brackets are home made.

Why all the mud slinging?

I couldnt agree with you more.
My entire engine is a bXstard case. But that's the way I wanted it.
I wanted something no one else could bolt on and say "yeah I have that too...".

And I am also putting 6 piston corvette z06 brakes on my dakota as well. I dont care what anyone thinks about non mopar brakes on a mopar...the brakes that came on my truck suck. They would suck even worse with this engine.

The skills in this country are indeed diminishing because everyone has this mindset that everything must bolt on, and this mentality of just having someone else do it for them. Where is the inspiration to be creative, different, and show a little ethic in the process?

Pride of ownership...that's where it all comes from. Why have the same car as everyone else in a different color?