Quote:

I believe you're shooting your self in the foot going with a 318 in that heavy of a beast and that your horsepower expectations are unreasonable. I would highly suggest as mentioned to start with a 360 at the bare minimum plus the 4" stroker crank would be much better (cheap cast cast is fine after checking it out) or maybe a better cast crank. I can guarantee if you could ahead of time evision the different results you'll end up with between the two that you would not regret your decision (to forget the 318). Good luck with it & holler later on how it goes (& in between with any Q's)

not necessarily foot shooting...I pulled a comp XE262 equipped LA360 for my magnum head/roller cam 318 and couldn't be happier. power is about the same, drivability better,and I get almost 20% better fuel economy...and my car is near 4200lbs with me in it (car weighs about 3950, I weigh about 225)...never had it to the track, but I'd guess it's a mid 14 second ride.

but year, 450 HP out of any naturally aspirated LA/magnum based engine with less than 390 cubes is somewhat unrealistic in a street biased application.

I do wonder how my ultra budget 318 would work with EFI and a rear mounted turbo....if it's making 300hp/tq (reasonable estimate), then 8psi of boost should make 450/450....

Last edited by patrick; 10/26/11 11:22 AM.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)