Quote:

hi Georg,i use a ram billet 10 inch dual disc. i bracket race with it.every other time out i pull it apart and sand the discs to get theglaze off. if i am at a two day race i will zero it out at the end of the first day.hope this helps

When I started racing alcohol, we would zero the clutch after the first run and then run it again and see how much it got eat up. Sometimes we would go 3 runs. It was way more fun racing then, with only 4 guys.
Then came screw blowers(Wipple) and we were lucky to get 2 runs. Then came the PSI blowers and the clutch get's fried every run. And it took 6 guys and me to maintain and race the car.

If we really miss the tuneup with it we can fry a set of brand new floaters with one run and they won't clean up even with our hi dollar grinder because of hot spots.

It's like money. I never got attached to any of my race part's.

This run the clutch was perfect, super smooth but the motor had a bit more bottem end because we retarded the cam just 1.5 degees right before this run. The car has a 11 gal fuel tank all the way up front plus I have 49 LBs of lead plate in the nose also and it still did this. We added more weight to the front after this run. I pedaled the car down with out hurting any wheels or tires, luckly.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 10/24/11 09:54 PM.