Quote:

Quote:

I agree with Mr P Body on needing alot of torque with the glide and running 1/8 mile mostly but I don't know if I can mill that 318 deck down to 9.525 without it getting kinda thin from what I have been told the 318 blocks start at 9.578 so it would be taking 53 thousands off versus stock or 29 more than it is now.
I also like Randy's idea on the 427 because if I leave the deck like it is now it will have more compression also will have a rod ratio just below 1.53 the 440 would have a rod ratio just below 1.46 so the smaller engine would have more compression and better rod ratio unless I deck it more as Mr P Body suggested.

If this block was cast for racing(with them putting
in all 8 sleeves and splayed caps) I'm guessing that
they went with a thicker deck like a R block... if
so then milling that little bit wont hurt anything...
measure through a few of the coolant holes to check...
I have my stock block cut to 9.5"

They start with a stock 318 or 360 block and put in .200 thick Darton sleeves. So no, it's not an R block.

I was looking at them too but eventually decided to stick with my stock block for now.

http://www.speedomotive.com/ps-615-74-speed-o-motive-uber-block-assembled-custom-short-block.aspx

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.