I finally found the time to post up pics & a short story of my latest acquisition, a 72 340 Duster, EW1 Spinakker White,96,000 pampered miles. It is coded with the following options, auto with a/c, tinted windows, black vinyl top, A88 interior décor group, upgraded interior, dual chrome racing mirrors, power front disk, power steering, rallye wheels w/Goodyear polyglas E-70 /14 RWL tires. The original spare is still in the trunk and has never been down. I purchased this vehicle back in August 2011 and have been doing a very light cosmetic & mechanical restoration since.

As some of you are aware I owned the low mileage 72 Lemon Twist 340 4-speed Duster. That car found a new caretaker back in March 2011 and presently resides down in Florida beside an extremely nice & low mileage Alpine White Hemi Superbird. After coming across my present car it was hard to pass up. As solid has the last, it drives, handles & presents itself just as well, in some cases better. Having only one complete single stage repaint in 1992 to 1972 standards. The following is a list of improvements I have completed in my short ownership. New Accurate exhaust system, www.accurateltd.com with correct chrome tips compliments of Dale’s Cuda shop, new correct boar grain black vinyl top, exhaust manifold mounting kit, positive & negative battery cables, correct spark plug wires, correct brake booster/master cylinder thanks to www.boosterdeweyexchange.com, new front seat covers with exception of buddy seat, (rear seat remains original), new sill plates, replacement of numerous incorrect fasteners, hoses & clamps. I rebuilt the original 6139 800 cfm Thermoquad carb, big improvement! Located and installed a NOS electronic ignition module, distributor cap & starter relay. Restoration of original radiator by www.hemiradiators.com Since I plan on driving this one, I mounted a new set of B.F. Goodrich radial T A’s for better handling & ride.

I was able to contact the original selling dealer, Martin Motors of Nashville Ga. (still in business) where Mr. Earl Smith, the original salesman of the car provided me with a few of the original dealership stickers that were placed on the new 72’s back then. Mr. Smith has been selling cars there since 1968 and continues today! Being a small town he remembers the car & the original owner who purchased the car almost 40 years ago! He also provided me with a few dealership photo’s & info about the car. I have contacted the original owner and I am presently awaiting a few original pics of the car when new.

Original paperwork with the car includes, mint original build sheet, original window sticker, original sales invoice showing trade –in, new car Pre-Delivery Service Inspection, IBM quality build card, IBM Electrical Build card, emissions booklet, warranty booklet, title, & original owners manual.

Hope you enjoy the pics & info! Dave

Last edited by dmoore; 12/14/11 03:53 PM.