Quote:

Don't let others stomp your idea into the ground. Keep a positive attitude and look at the car as individual goals, not one big one. This way you will not get overwhelmed. I would do this: keep the car as a driver so you can enjoy it while you work on it, don't go crazy. Like some of the others have said, start with one part of the car: usually the worst rusted part. Then keep going. If you cover your new metal with rust proofing paint (rust bullet for example), you can leave it for a while and not have to worry about 2 steps forward, one back. Your project will slowly get done while you can drive it and then you will have something in the end to be proud of while learning how to do it. Have your friend teach you the bodywork as he/she does it! Cleanup, paint, and fix as much of the original pieces you can, that will keep costs down. If you start getting discouraged, stop for a while then come back to it. It will be a great learning and fun experience if you don't have to have the car as your daily driver too. Good luck and post pics for everyone to see!
Mark

I tore down my road runner to completely restore it in 94. The car is still apart, wish I would have done it sections at a time. The small parts add up fast when you do a complete disassembly.