I am not particularly well versed on solid roller cams, I have been perfectly happy to run solid flat tappets with no problems for many years. I am going to make some changes to my 528 Hemi and my builder advises that a "mild" solid roller would provide the power, rpm range(7K) and streetability I am looking for and I am going to go with whatever he decides. The big question that I have is around lifter lubrication. I have always read that as these lifters rely on splash feed, that it is best not to have any extended idleing circumstances. My car is very much a street driven, air conditioned, take it most anywhere kind of vehicle. I have always wondered, why no one has ever(?) come up with a spraybar system for a solid roller on the street? It seems like you could run a perforated tube above the center of the lifter gallery. Drilling a hole through the back bulkhead and tubing up to one of the preexisting oil pressure taps. It does not seem like it would need a lot of flow to do the job and make the lifters live longer. Is this already being done or am I full of boloney? Or is there a better way to address this issue? Educate me!

Last edited by Lee446; 09/24/11 12:15 PM.