A buddy of mine had a shop put a very built 468 eng in his 69 Camaro looking to go 10's. He has not raced it yet and the fastest car he has ever raced ran mid 13's. It has a roller cam and aluminum heads with the normal goodies and 4.10 gears. Has a 5-speed also which is a plus for me because he cant drive the stick very good at the track.
Course my car is a 493 which is the 440 block and 4.15 crank with Indy EZ heads and a solid flat tappet cam. I feel very sure my car will go at least 10.80's as I had problems last time out and still ran 11.0's. It was very lean but I have jetted up now. I plan to go again on Oct 8th and am trying to get him to go. Last time I went he said he was sick ! I hope he is not one of these guys who run their mouth but never show up. I really think that even if his car could run 10.50's it would be lucky to go 11.50's with him driving. It seems to be pretty fast and I would guess it should run in the low 11's or high 10's with a good driver. Well I hope to know after Oct the 8th. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 09/23/11 06:05 PM.