Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

bias ply all the way! Radials are just going to make you chase your tail and are a waste of time on a stick car, my buddy had the problem with his mustang...as far as I know the biggest difference between the hoosiers and M/T's is that the hoosier is softer...I run the M/T's myself, in the 28x12.5 size, and they work awesome..I have about 12psi in them hot when i run, and the wrinkle and bite hard!

Also, in regards to driving with radials on the front and bias plies on the back- I have 165/80R15 skinnies on 4" rims up front with my e/t street's in the back...I drive my car everywhere like this! the two hours of highway to the track, in downpours, etc....you name it i drive it....It's really no big deal, as long as you watch for the tar lines lol...to all the guys I know who say its crazy, I say sack up because you don't know how to drive obviously

good luck

I will say that when I ran the Hoosier bias QTP tires on the back of my 63 and the radial tires up front that it was not to bad on the track but could feel kinda squirley at times on the roads. Myself I got used to it but when my son drove it he really noticed it. Well I decided to try the Hoosier radial slicks and I will say it was like night and day. It handled like a Caddy with the radials out back also. Even at the track it is so much nicer and does not want to wonder at all. As you said yes you can tolerate it but since I drive my 63 alot it's just not worth the hassle when it handles so much better with either radials or bias at all four corners. And I have not had any hook problems with the radial slicks as it actually picked up about 1/2 a tenth on the radial slicks. Ron

I drive my car everywhere every day, even when its raining...just came back from work in a downpour with dead e/t streets on the back LOL don't get me wrong, the same type of tire up front and out back definitely handles much better, a radial setup more so....but imo there is nothing difficult in driving a car with skinny radials up front and fat bias plies out back...takes a little bit of finesse and careful driving

Its funny as you said its no problem for you or me to drive our muscle cars with different type tires from front to rear but I had to laugh when my youngest son who was driving an SRT-4 at the time drove my 63 when it has the QTP's out back. He actually wanted to know what was wrong with my car. Its just all he had ever driven was newer rack and pinion steering cars and I guess it did feel different. Heck any muscle car will handle alot different then any newer cars with rack & pinion steering even with 4 radials on it. Ron