Quote:

Has anyone recovered a Dana 60 from a truck in a scrapyard and converted it for their racecar?
I know it will require cutting off the end caps and new axles.
Any reccomendations?

There are at least four different tube sizes, 2.5, 3.0,, 3 1/8 and 3 1/4 outside diameter. I have one of the 2.5 inch tube models, don't look for one, not strong enough for a drag car The OEM Dana in the cars came with 3.0 O.D. tubes, I found a 3/4 ton ford rear end that is 3 1/8 O.D. it is working very well in my street car that runs low tens with low 1.4 sixty foot times with 4.10 gears and M/T ET Street tires I use to look for ones that had a bad end on them and buy them for a lot less than a good core went for Don't get suprised with a GM corporate rear end from 1970 and later GM trucks All Dana 60 have the number 60 cast into the housing, usually on the passenger side axle support rib looking from the rear Some of the 60-2 have that cast into the top front above the pinion gear on them, that is the 2.5 inch tube ones I don't recommend There is a model 61 also that was used in some mid 1970 ford pickups with 3,30 gears, I don't think you can use them with any other ratio, maybe so

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)