Quote:

Still fighting with this set up. I changed the intake gasket because I think it had vacuum leaks, pulled the carbs and tightened all the screws because they were all lose and leaking gas,It is starting to run better but cant seem to get the idle screws in the center carb to do any thing. in all the way or all the way out and they seem to make no difference in the way it runs. I did notice that the front and back carbs have small holes drilled in the butterflies and was wondering if that is the way they are? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

I didn't read too much of the initial post,...so I don't know how much you may have changed in the carbs,.....but start with basics when troubleshooting, generally if you get no responce from the center carbs idle mixture screws, "assuming" you have a decent idle of 800-1000 RPM, and no known vacumm leaks,.. either you have a blown power valve, or lots of crap in the metering block orifices, I'd replace the power valve, start with the original 6.5, to get a baseline on tuning the carbs, remove and blow out with compressed air all the passages in the main center carb metering block, install a new power valve, there are 2 styles of power valves, make sure you get the correct one for the Holley 2300/6 pack series carbs.....also check the condition of the accelerator pump diaphram as you pull the carb apart, confirm the cc size, make sure the check ball and spring are present, I'd stay with a 30 cc unit, just to baseline the tuning, priority is to get the center carb to idle properly and be responsive to tuning, before you can start "playing" with the outboards

mike